The area of defence is always finding ways to arrive at systems that are lighter, reduce fuel costs and have increased capabilities. 3D manufacturing is the answer to these requirements.
At Visuali, defence manufacturers get help with lightweighting and parts consolidation, increased speed and reliable solutions, increased manufacturing productivity and more with 3D printed casting patterns, 3D data recovery, injection-mold design, and direct metal printing of airworthy parts.
Working with Visuali
- Helps convert ideas into products with the quickest turnaround time
- Reduces need for expensive and time-consuming tooling and production
- Opens the path to faster iteration, decision making, and response to market changes
- Execute designs that lower fuel cost and increase payload
- Reduced manufacturing complexity. Freedom to produce complex geometries and flightworthy parts
- Improve production efficiency
- Manufacture lightweight composite parts
- Reduce impact of design changes on production.
- 3D print flight-ready parts like housings and ductwork in-house with certified, traceable material
- Manufacture high-mix, low volume parts on the fly
- Avoid high machining costs for custom tools or parts needed for individual repairs and restorations and efficiently replace legacy parts for ageing fleets.
- 3D modelling for phased-array inspections
- Assessment of hail damage on aircrafts
- Assisted assembly – assessing “As-Built Conditions” where simulations and virtual assembly operations help arrive at the right design adjustments and pre-calculations of assembly positions, creating appropriate spaces for new parts, etc.
- Assisted assembly for manufacturing processes
- Maintenance where scanning helps measure warping or wear and tear
- Part-to-CAD inspection of samples, especially free-form and complex shapes
- Production compliance inspections
- Testing and adjustment of design tooling during the initial stages of a new process